Sleep plays a crucial role in your physical health and is as equally important as nutrition, exercise + emotional wellbeing. Quality sleep is important to a number of brain functions, including how nerve cells communicate with each other and is involved with healing + repair of the heart and blood vessels.
7-9 hours is the recommended sleep duration for adults
Essential oils may provide the safe, natural support you just need – for getting consistent, quality sleep + in managing stress.
Aroma’s/scents can have a strong influence over how we feel. When we smell something, our olfactory nerve sends signals directory to our limbic system (the part of our brain responsible for memory/mood. That is why certain scents can instantly make us feel uplifted, relaxed, nostalgic, or recall a memory.
Choosing essential oils that promote relaxation can help to prepare your body into a restful state, ready for slumber. Making essential oils part of your night time routine (before bed) can also help to train your mind to associate the specific scent with falling asleep.
Essential oils have adaptogenic properties – which means they can either stimulate or relax your nervous system, depending on what your body needs in the moment. A balancing effect per say.
Daily mindfulness + meditation are also wonderful daily wellness lifestyle habits
There are various ways to use essential oils for sleep support, including:
- Diffusing in the bedroom in a diffuser
- Rolling a sleep blend onto the forehead + neck
- Massage a few drops into the feet + spine
- Inhaling a few drops from cupped hands
- Add to epsom salts and soak in the bath before bedtime
- Creating an essential oil spray to spritz in the bedroom or onto your pillow
Essential oils to use for sleep support, but not limited to;
- Place 1 -2 drops of lavender oil on your pillow
- Combine 1 cup epsom salts with 10 drops Balance + 10 drops Lavender Peace *mix + pour into the bath
- Inhale 1-2 drops of lavender or vetiver from cupped hands
- Combine 15 drops of Vetiver + Wild orange in a 10ml roller bottle + top with fractionated coconut oil. Keep beside the bed + apply to neck/behind the ears when getting into bed. (this is my personal blend … my body instinctively responds to the scent – helping to switch off my mind + calm my system down.
- Diffuse 3 drops bergamot, 2 drops cedarwood + 1 drop marjoram or, 4 drops lavender, 2 drops cedarwood, 2 drops Wild orange + 1 drop Ylang ylang *there are so many variations to try – go with oils that resonate with you
- Combine 2 tbsp witch hazel, 10 drops lavender oil, 6 tbsp filtered water in a small spray bottle and spritz in the bedroom (or on the sheets + pillow)
It is all about creating routine… unwinding, and getting yourself in a zen garden before bed. That’s right, no Facey or Insta in bed!
Only use the highest quality and purest essential oils, that have been tested to verify purity + composition. Essential oils are extremely potent, so less is more. When applying topically, always dilute with a carrier oil.
You can purchase pure, high quality essential oils/diffusers here by clicking on “SHOP” (which will give you retail prices). Alternatively, you can click “JOIN + SAVE” to benefit from wholesale prices (25% off retail) for a $35 annual membership fee (why wouldn’t you!) If you buy a kit, this fee is waived! A wholesale account includes my on-going support, a personal Wellness Consult, access to umpteen oily resources and to our oily community/private FB group.
If you are not tech savvy + would like my help, I can help set you up over the phone/skype. It will only take 5 mins. You can book in here.
May you rest more easily + snooze more deeply.
Happy New Year!
Please note. All material on this site is provided for information only, and may not be construed as personal medical advice to diagnose or treat. No action should be taken based solely on the contents of this information; instead, readers should consult appropriate health professionals on any matter relating to their health and well-being.
The author claims no responsibility or liability, for any loss or damage incurred by use of information provided by this site.