While it’s totally normal to feel a little nervous from time to time, (big change ahead, uncertainty, an event, new job, stepping out of your comfort zone, and so on…) when the occasional fear or worry turns into something you feel you cannot control, essential oils just may help to ease the tension + create a feeling of calm.
Perhaps one of the most well known essential oils benefits, is their ability to help with stress + anxious feelings. Some have sedative properties, inducing a calm, peaceful, relaxed + uplifted feeling.
The best essential oils for anxious feelings + stress include lavender, bergamot, frankincense, ylang ylang, vetiver, basil + wild orange.
Considered the most common/popular essential oil, benefits include having a calming, relaxing effect. It’s considered a nervous system restorative, helping with inner peace, sleep, restlessness, irritability, panic + general nervous tension.
Has a cleansing effect on limiting belief systems, low self esteem, self judgement + self acceptance. Encouraging hope, optimism + confidence, relaxed + content feelings,
Offers feelings of relaxation + assists with reducing stress + anxious feelings. Frankincense helps to let go of lower vibrations + negativity. A powerful cleanser of darkness. Helping to create new perspectives, based on light + truth.
Ylang ylang can help with anxious feelings + low mood, due to it’s calming + uplifting effects. Ylang ylang helps with cheerfulness + playfulness, courage, optimism + soothes fearfulness. Reconnecting to the pure, simple ways of the heart. It may calm agitation + nervousness and can also help to support sleep.
Vetiver oil has a tranquil, grounding + reassuring energy. Life can scatter one’s energy + vetiver assists with a feeling of connection with the self. Centering + emotionally aware. A nervous system tonic, it can help decreases jitteriness + hypersensitivity.
Basil is the oil of renewal. Supporting those who are under a great deal of mental strain, are overwhelmed, or have low energy. Basil has a calming effect on the nervous system. It also acts as a natural stimulant, rejuvenating vital forces after exhaustion or burnout.
Wild orange addresses a variety of emotional issues including; inspiring a positive mood, fostering joy, abundance, playfulness, spontaneity + creativity. Wild orange helps one to let go of fear, nervous tension + lack mentality.
How to use essential oils for stress + anxious feelings
If you are looking to use a mixture of these oils to help with stress and anxious feelings, there are a number of ways to benefit.
- Make a roller bottle blend with any of the oils mentioned above, top with fractionated coconut oil + apply as necessary to the back of the neck and wrists. (15 drops of essential oils will suffice).
- Diffuse essential oils of your choice in a diffuser — 6-10 drops for a large room, 3-5 drops in a small room.
- Apply 2-3 drops of vetiver, diluted in a carrier oil along the spine.
- Add 2-3 drops of wild orange + basil to the palm of your hand with a carrier oil + then apply to the small of your back.
- Directly inhale your oil of choice from the bottle.
- Wear oils in diffuser jewellery.
- Make my Wild orange + choc raw slice
- Create a body moisturiser by mixing five to eight drops of your essential oil of choice to an unscented moisturiser or carrier oil, like fractionated coconut oil or sweet almond oil. Apply liberally to the skin.
- Take a bath by adding 15 drops of lavender or lavender peace essential oil and 1 cup of Epsom salts to the bathtub.
Only use the highest quality + purest essential oils, that have been tested to verify purity + composition (with no synthetics or diluted in any way).
You can purchase essential oils here by clicking on “JOIN + SAVE” to benefit from wholesale prices (25% off retail) for a $35 membership fee (why wouldn’t you!) If you buy a kit, this fee is waived! A wholesale account includes my on-going support, a personal Wellness Consult, access to umpteen oily resources and to our oily community/private FB group.
If you are not tech savvy + would like my help, I can help set you up over the phone. It will only take 5 mins. You can book in here.
It is my purpose to serve.
Love Kristy x
Please note. All material on this site is provided for information only, and may not be construed as personal medical advice to diagnose or treat. No action should be taken based solely on the contents of this information; instead, readers should consult appropriate health professionals on any matter relating to their health and well-being.
The author claims no responsibility or liability, for any loss or damage incurred by use of information provided by this site.